So what is DriveGuard?
The clever bods at Bridgestone have come up with a runflat tyre that will fit on any car as long as it’s equipped with a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
What you need to know
- Can be fitted to any passenger car with a TPMS
- Allows you to keep control of your vehicle if you get a puncture
- You can keep driving safely for 50 miles at 50 mph until it’s safe to repair or replace the tyre
- It’s rated A for wet grip, so you have shorter braking distances
The science bit…prepare to be wowed!
- a unique tread surface made of the latest innovative rubber compound
- an innovative, temperature controlling, reinforced sidewall
- proprietary Cooling Fin Technology so the tyre keeps its shape
All you need to remember…got a puncture? Drive at 50 for 50 until you can get it sorted!
Bridgestone has just launched a new ad campaign for DriveGuard. Check it out here:
What is a TPMS?
A tyre pressure monitoring system monitors the air pressure inside your tyres and lets your car know if the pressure drops below a certain level. Your car’s onboard display will then alert you. Since November 1, 2014 all new passenger vehicles are required by law to have a TPMS installed by the manufacturer. If your car is older than this, you can choose to have a system fitted.
It’s a no brainer really!
Punctures are the worst, and have a nasty habit of hitting you when it’s least convenient!
- 27% of all roadside emergencies are tyre related
- in a lifetime, each driver experiences an average of 6 punctures
- 23% of punctures occur after nightfall
- more than 50% of punctures take place in inconvenient locations
So if you want to avoid that puncture with your name on it, check out our tyre selection!